Our one-page Bok Guides are a great starting point for instructors on a range of topics, including getting feedback, discussion leading, public speaking, and more. Each guide ends with a discussion of additional resources.
- How Do I Plan for the First Day of Class?
- How Can I Support My Undergraduate Students?
- How Can I Use My Voice to Communicate Clearly?
- How Do I Lead an Effective and Engaging Discussion?
- How Do I Use Feedback To Improve My Teaching?
- How Do I Work on My Public Speaking Skills to Communicate My Research?
Hit the Ground Running: A Handbook for New Teaching Fellows
Our handbook is a great place to start for all of the fundamentals about teaching, whether you have questions about students’ expectations of their Teaching Fellows, how to create an inclusive classroom or how to structure a lesson plan or lead a discussion or lab section. Read it online, or stop by the Bok Center to pick up a hard copy. Copies are distributed at the Fall Teaching Conference and Winter Teaching Week.