Head TF Network
The Head Teaching Fellow Network sends regular emails to Head TFs with useful advice about everything from sectioning to important College deadlines throughout the semester. If you are a Head TF and would like to join the Network, email the Bok Center.
Head TF Handouts & Documentation
At the beginning of each semester, Gen. Ed. offers an Orientation session for new Head TFs , aimed at those in Gen. Ed. courses but open to departmental course Head TFs as well. We highly recommended attending.
Helpful Materials and Handouts for Head TFs
- The Gen Ed web pages for TFs have a variety of great resources for all Head TFs.
- Learn about sectioning here.
- On Grading Exams: Tips for Large Humanities Courses
- Tips on Student Feedback & Videotaping for TFs
- Tips for running TF meetings
- Section Preparation: Suggestions for TF Meetings
- Organizing Large Courses: Information for Head TFs
Other Handbooks and Guides of interest to Head TFs
- The Head TF FAQ answers a variety of common questions.
- FAS' Information for Faculty Offering Instruction contains policies & guidelines as well as a directory of contact info for just about every office in FAS you may need (e.g. the Registrar, the Accessible Education Office, etc).
- GSAS Policies and Procedures for Teaching Fellows
- Printable and electronic Student Feedback forms for use by you, your course head and TFs.
- The Bok Center offers a range of workshops and services for your TFs who are not native English speakers. They may also find Teaching American Students particularly helpful.
- The Harvard Writing Project provides advice about Responding to Student Writing.